August 25, 2008

Kermesse

I had my best start yet at a race this Sunday. Right off the front and I felt good the whole race. I will link you to the OBRA results but I apparently wore Samantha's race number, and she mine, so the results are a mess. Ooops! Hopefully my best race yet isn't lost forever. Samantha said she thought she was dying on the last lap and I can attest to her pale cheeks as she crossed the finish line. But she did cross the finish line. A little more conditioning should help. It was a great way to start the cross season off though and I'm looking forward to Hood River for a weekend full of racing and hopefully camping too. Two more Kermesse races left, though we'll miss the next one as we're going camping with Jeremy for his birthday again. Last year we happened on this great creek side campsite and drove up the way in the morning to a beautiful lake. This year we're camping at the lake. I want there to be a canoe for rent there but I doubt it. Samantha and I are going to take a basic skills canoe class next week so I'm a little anxious to get out on the water.

1 comment:

-Ed- said...

Congratulations! Have a great camping trip and be careful. :)